Quit day is approaching fast..
January 1st you are welcome on board to join me quit Cocaine, Crack, Alcohol, gambling whatever / whoever your demon is… We’re going to undertake a gentle, day by day structured approach to cleaning up our acts.
Early in 2015 after many failed attempts I succeeded in beating an addiction that had ruled and practically ruined my life for the last 7 years… Traditional approaches to recovery suck.. A lifetime in recovery is worse than a lifetime of addiction… follow me everyday at this blog to get all the tips, help and guided instruction you need to get to a recovered state.
12 Steps.. works for some, I found it lethargic, outdated and controlling.. and fundamentally unsuccessful, every other time I attended a meeting I went straight out the door and scored…
- Admit that you are powerless over your addiction, that your life has become unmanageable… You are not powerless over your addiction, you just need to be shown a solid structured method to exit addiction.
- We came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity… I don’t remember that happening, I just needed the tools and knowledge to deal with the head trauma.
- We made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him… Yep, you are the ‘God’ in the business of recovery.. Got an unconditional loving friend who wants to see you well and cleaned up??? Make them a God.
- We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves… Some introspection is a good idea… without persecution… You’ve been ill.
- We admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs… Apologies where needed are a good idea… We’ll work on this and you can thank yourself not any God for making things right.
- We were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character… Good Grief, please stop with this higher power business.
- We humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings… Stop, stop, stop with the God… I will show you ways and activities to get your self respect in order.. Please love yourselves addicts, if not know we WILL get there.
- We made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all… Yes, that’s a good one…. we’ll do that…
- We made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others… How on earth would making amends harm people????
- We continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it… Yes, yes, yes, now lets get over that and take some personal positive actions for Christ’s (or other God’s sake.)
- We sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out… NO… If you want to reduce head trauma and the constant pangs of getting clean then by all means meditate… In meditation you’re clearing head space and praying to yourself… Personally I couldn’t have quit without 2 x 10 mins slow breathing a day.. God knows it works! 🙂
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs… A spiritual awakening is guaranteed with meditation and mindful activities… Get yourself clean and right and then do things for others… Rebirth or whatever you want to call it will follow for sure.
Follow me here.. I need a hard decision from you that you want to quit and that you’ll have an open mind… Please support and share my community work..
1st January 2016, get on board, we’re going to slay demons.
Love and blessings to you all,
* Paul Kennedy is an ex-addict who founded the Addiction Survival Course in Coventry, West Midlands, UK. The Addiction Survival Course provides support and counselling for people who have a desire to quit Cocaine and whom do not wish to spend a lifetime ‘in recovery.’ Paul provides house call support, therapy sessions, volunteer services and a help line clinic to the West Midlands area and global phone consultations when he isn’t writing his help guide for addicts who wish to be set free from the grips of addiction….