Seems to me there are sure are a lot of you ‘in recovery’ or ‘recovering…’
It would appear to take a while… Just how long exactly does it last??? You gonna be there long???
Recovery as John Flaherty mentions in his ground breaking new book Addiction Unplugged shows you how to transcend your recovery and get on with living… Living in the now that is. A great read and comforting to the wary quitter also. I advice all my clients to read this book when they decide to quit their addiction(s)… read more about the book here… Addiction Unplugged – How to be free.
When will I be recovered… Answered… was a topic I wrote about yesterday, (link) seems I must have hit a nerve as one of my clients came back to me:
… for what its worth, the 12 step trad programmes are outdated crap, i hated every minute of my time in aa (5 months). I found the people to be sanctimonious and also, if you have to go to a meeting every night and yip on about your addiction, you may as well be at home indulging a very close friend of mine knew that, he was a dreadful addict as you know, i reckon if he had the right support and no preaching he may have been ok…’ Client BV
Luckily my client and I are now in good shape, the same can’t be said for her friend whom she lost, I’m sorry to say.
The advice is this… Transcend your in-recovery / recovery period, grab a hold of some new age thinking… get a sample of that book and start living in the now… No more persecution-recovery living. Go free. For those of you in the know… Keep meditating twice a day 🙂 Meditation – The highest high for ex-addicts.
Wanna quit with me?
1st January 2016… We quit together…
Tell your friends, tell your family, tell yourself… Whoever the addict is… Tell them…
- No 3.000£$€ rehab fees
- No lifetime in recovery – Yuk!
- No loving ‘God’ or other idols – Just yourself
- No sitting in a circle persecuting yourself on a Tuesday evening
- No wondering how or who’s going to help you ‘get through this’
- No regressing to your past with counsellors
- No pharmaceutical sidesteps
Get on board, we’re going to slay demons.
Will be a little painful but all I need from you is a decision to quit. Traditional methods are not working. Guides are whats required… I’m your guide.. Pleased to meet you.
* Paul Kennedy is an ex-addict who founded the Addiction Survival Course in Coventry, West Midlands, UK. The Addiction Survival Course provides support and counselling for people who have a desire to quit Cocaine and whom do not wish to spend a lifetime ‘in recovery.’ Paul provides house call support, therapy sessions, volunteer services and a help line clinic to the West Midlands area and global phone consultations when he isn’t writing his help guide for addicts who wish to be set free from the grips of addiction….